Our real estate group brings sophisticated and pragmatic approaches to a broad range of commercial and residential real estate matters. We provide comprehensive transactional and litigation support in leasing, financing, development related issues, and co-ownership arrangements.
We treat each transaction, regardless of size, with the level of service, responsiveness, and care you deserve and expect. Backed by the resources of a full-service law firm, the real estate group also advises clients on the entire range of ancillary issues that arise in real estate transactions, including tax, environmental, regulatory and bankruptcy matters.
Our services include:
- Acquisition and Sale. We handle transactions for buyers and sellers of a wide range of commercial and residential properties – from shopping centers and golf courses, to office buildings and single family homes. We assist in the due diligence process as well other aspects such as title, surveys, environmental, feasibility, tax implications, 1031 Exchange strategies, and ownership structures.
- Leasing. Our lawyers help landlords and tenants with leasing needs, including negotiating and documenting leases, and resolving disputes through the courts if necessary or appropriate.
- Financing and Defeasance. We represent borrowers and lenders with financing and refinancing for real estate projects as well as loan defeasance. We represent financial institutions and borrowers in work-outs, deed in lieu offers, real estate secured financing, foreclosures, and litigation/bankruptcy proceedings.
- Development, Design, and Construction. We support owners, contractors, and architects in planning, developing, and constructing a wide range of projects, including a number of well-known local golf courses and shopping centers.
- Real Estate General Counsel. We serve as general counsel for many real estate asset-based businesses and individuals, providing cost-effective, comprehensive representation on a broad spectrum of business matters.
- Environmental and Land Use. We work with clients to successfully navigate regulatory requirements, anticipating and avoiding problems before they interfere with development initiatives. When necessary, we litigate issues that cannot otherwise be resolved.
Real Estate Attorneys
- Andrew R. Goodrich Principal View Profile
- Kelly Harris Attorney View Profile
- Robert J. Henry Of Counsel View Profile
- Taro Kusunose Principal View Profile
- Dean A. Messmer Principal View Profile
- Shannon Sperry Principal View Profile
- Eugene W. Wong Principal View Profile