Creditors Rights & Bankruptcy
No matter which side of a dispute you are on, you deserve the best team by your side. Our creditors’ rights and bankruptcy attorneys represent creditors, debtors, receivers, bankruptcy trustees and creditors’ committees. We are experienced and effective in a complete range of business, creditor-debtor and insolvency disputes, lawsuits and other proceedings.
As a pre-eminent creditors’ rights and bankruptcy practice group we regularly handle:
- State and Federal Court Receiverships. We initiate receiverships for creditors seeking to protect against dissipation of debtors assets, represent debtors and court-appointed receivers and other parties in liquidations, and all aspects of receivership proceedings.
- Creditor-Debtor Litigation. We assist clients in commercial litigation, including contract disputes, collection of loans and other financing, suits for fraudulent transfers and other avoidable transfers, such as preference claims and lenders’ liability for turnover of property and bankruptcy discharge actions.
- Workouts. We negotiate and implement workouts and defaults for creditors, debtors and other parties involved in real property and other secured and unsecured transactions, leases, liquidations and business dissolutions.
- Lien and Bond Claims. We routinely pursue and/or defend liens against real and personal property, as well as performance, payment and other bonds in construction and other industries.
- Foreclosures. We represent lenders and borrowers in foreclosures of deeds of trust, mortgages and other real and personal property security interests, and handle related repossession and unlawful detainers.
- Arbitrations and Mediations. We handle all types of arbitration and mediation proceedings.
- Collections. We perform all aspects of collections for creditors, including negotiating payment plans and collateral security, guarantees, obtain and collect judgments, garnishment, assignments for the benefit of creditors, and all aspects of collection law.