Hillary J. Collyer
Hillary is a Principal of the firm. She is an experienced trial attorney whose practice focuses primarily on family law litigation, including complex marital dissolutions of high net worth estates that involve business valuations and separate property tracing. Hillary has broad experience with contested parenting matters, including establishing residential schedules and child support, as well as post-decree modifications of parenting plans, child support orders, and relocation actions. She also has experience litigating parentage cases and committed intimate relationship claims, as well as drafting, negotiating, enforcing and defending against prenuptial and postnuptial agreements.
Hillary has extensive experience in Washington State courts as well as in federal and state trial and appellate courts of Virginia and Washington, D.C. Hillary began her legal career working at a boutique litigation firm in Alexandria, Virginia. Prior to moving to Seattle and joining LHS&E, she handled complex employment law and commercial litigation matters for more than ten years. She has been practicing in Washington state since 2013.
- Bachelor of Arts, Cum Laude, State University of New York, College at Oswego
- Juris Doctor, George Washington University Law School
Professional & Civic
- Chair, Family Law Practice Group of Lasher Holzapfel Sperry & Ebberson, PLLC, 2021 – present
- Named to “Best Lawyers” by the Best Lawyers in America in the practice of Family Law, 2022 ed., 2023 ed.
- Recognized as a Super Lawyer, Family Law, by Washington Super Lawyers magazine, 2019-2022
- Washington State Bar Association
- Family Law CASA of King County, Board of Directors, 2020-present
- Virginia Women Attorneys Association, Northern Virginia Chapter, Board of Directors, 2009-2013
- Northern Virginia Pro Bono Law Center, Attorney Participant in Pro Bono Uncontested Divorce Program