Andrew R. Goodrich
Andrew provides sophisticated estate, gift, generation skipping, and other tax-optimized wealth transfer strategies, business succession planning, trust administration, as well as customized “family office” solutions to high-net worth individuals, families, and private businesses across the Pacific Northwest. He serves as outside general counsel to many private businesses, guiding legal strategy for significant and complex matters associated with the business and legal affairs of businesses and their owners, including corporate, limited liability company, real estate, and employment work.
In his multi-disciplinary practice, Andrew advises on a variety of business matters, including purchases and sales of businesses and ongoing corporate and employment law issues. His real estate practice regularly includes residential and commercial property transactions for many millions of dollars, as well as complex commercial leasing.
Overall, Andrew is recognized and appreciated by his clients for providing high value, strategic and discreet solutions while rendering extraordinary client service on highly confidential matters important to his clients’ interests.
- Development of several significant residential estate properties, including facilitating private purchases and identifying partners to design and develop the projects.
- Facilitating purchase of $150 million in commercial real estate for client while creating tax-savings trusts and gifting significant portions of that real estate to trusts.
- Work on sale of $140 million golf course properties.
- Drafting of complex GST trusts and gifting of hundreds of millions in assets to those trusts.
- Establishing and managing family office, employment and similar entities to provide family services to high net-worth clients.
- University of Washington
- B.A., Political Science with Distinction, 2004
- Columbia University School of Law
- J.D., 2008
- Editor, Columbia Law Review
- Co-author, “Duties and Responsibility of the Broker,” Real Property Desk Book
Professional & Civic
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association