Robin Williams Phillips
Employment law including employer/employee disputes including wrongful discharge, retirement and severance, Title VII claims, wage and hour issues, ERISA/trust funds, union issues and more.
- Bachelor of Science, 1979, State University of New York, 1979 (Business Economics, magna cum laude; Economics, summa cum laude)
- Juris Doctor, 1982, Villanova University School of Law
- Lead counsel defending large class action wage cases against regional employers.
- Defended at trial a successful wrongful termination claim by an upper-level manager against a regional employer.
- Successfully prosecuted several multi-plaintiff sexual harassment claims against Snohomish County.
- Successfully argued in front of the Washington Supreme Court on behalf of a wrongfully terminated employee.
- Successfully defended a breach of a non-competition agreement while at the same time prevailing on a counterclaim for tortious interference with contractual relations for the employer.
- Lead counsel in pursuing class action wage claims against national employers on behalf of sales representatives and restaurant employees.
- “Effectiveness of Employment Contracts and Areas of Potential Liability,” U.S. Trustee Conference 2015
- Robin teaches many seminars throughout the year to Human Resource and legal professionals through Lorman Education Services and National Business Institute. Recent seminar topics include:
- “Succeeding at Trial, National Business Institute, 2017
- “Effectiveness of Non-Competition Contracts,” 2013
- “Employee Records and Documentation,” 2004-2005
- “Employee Documentation and Discharge,” 2003-2006
- “Enforceability of Non-Compete Agreements”
- 2006 American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Annual Conference, Honolulu, Hawaii. Topic: Lost: Learning Office Survival Techniques
- Business Law. Most recently, Robin has addressed the Women’s Business Owners Association and the Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants
Professional & Civic
Managing Partner, LHS&E, 2017-2018
Selected to “Super Lawyers” by Super Lawyers Magazine, 2015 – 2022
Named a “Top Lawyer’ by Seattle magazine, 2007
email@example.com (206) 654-2438 Print Attorney Profile Download vCard AVVO Profile
Robin Williams Phillips P.S.
Robin Williams Phillips and her team at Lasher Holzapfel Sperry & Ebberson were wonderful! Robin represented me in a discrimination lawsuit that settled in a manner that I was very pleased with. I would highly recommend Robin and her firm to anyone looking for high caliber legal assistance.
I have worked with Robin Phillips at Lasher Holzapfel Sperry & Ebberson for several years while addressing my then current, now former employer's discriminatory, harassing and retaliatory behavior. Robin is incredible! She is extremely knowledgeable and regularly practices strategies to keep my costs to a minimum, which I appreciate. She is very direct and straightforward while exhibiting excellent interpersonal interactions. I have full trust in Robin's knowledge and judgement.
My case was extremely complex and involved undefined constitutional boundaries. My attorney, Robin Phillips, of Lasher Holzapfel Sperry & Ebberson, successfully fought my case up through the Washington State Supreme Court helping define new case law. There also were many complicated business and organizational distractions used by the defendant. Our attorney was able to cut through the smoke and get indispensable testimony from the defendant's witnesses. Her keen ability to drill down to the facts was a true form of art.