Robin Williams Phillips
Employment law including employer/employee disputes including wrongful discharge, retirement and severance, Title VII claims, wage and hour issues, ERISA/trust funds, union issues and more.
- Bachelor of Science, 1979, State University of New York, 1979 (Business Economics, magna cum laude; Economics, summa cum laude)
- Juris Doctor, 1982, Villanova University School of Law
- Lead counsel defending large class action wage cases against regional employers.
- Defended at trial a successful wrongful termination claim by an upper-level manager against a regional employer.
- Successfully prosecuted several multi-plaintiff sexual harassment claims against Snohomish County.
- Successfully argued in front of the Washington Supreme Court on behalf of a wrongfully terminated employee.
- Successfully defended a breach of a non-competition agreement while at the same time prevailing on a counterclaim for tortious interference with contractual relations for the employer.
- Lead counsel in pursuing class action wage claims against national employers on behalf of sales representatives and restaurant employees.
- “Effectiveness of Employment Contracts and Areas of Potential Liability,” U.S. Trustee Conference 2015
- Robin teaches many seminars throughout the year to Human Resource and legal professionals through Lorman Education Services and National Business Institute. Recent seminar topics include:
- “Succeeding at Trial, National Business Institute, 2017
- “Effectiveness of Non-Competition Contracts,” 2013
- “Employee Records and Documentation,” 2004-2005
- “Employee Documentation and Discharge,” 2003-2006
- “Enforceability of Non-Compete Agreements”
- 2006 American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Annual Conference, Honolulu, Hawaii. Topic: Lost: Learning Office Survival Techniques
- Business Law. Most recently, Robin has addressed the Women’s Business Owners Association and the Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants
Professional & Civic
Managing Partner, LHS&E, 2017-2018
Selected to “Super Lawyers” by Super Lawyers Magazine, 2015 – 2021
Named a “Top Lawyer’ by Seattle magazine, 2007