Mario A. Bianchi
Mario A. Bianchi is a business lawyer who represents clients in the adversarial context of business disputes and business litigation. His primary area of emphasis is corporate ownership disputes and business dissolutions (“business divorce”). Mario’s clients are the owners, officers, and/or directors of privately held companies who need a highly skilled business attorney to creatively and aggressively represent them in their business disputes arising out of breach of fiduciary duty, breach of loyalty, minority oppression, conversion, accounting, wage claims, and unjust enrichment.
Mario is well-recognized in his field, having been selected for inclusion to the 2020 Washington Super Lawyers® List in Business Litigation and Real Estate, and named a “Rising Star” by Washington Law and Politics in Business Litigation seven times. He served as the Chair of Lasher’s Litigation Department from 2009-2013. He currently serves as the firm’s Managing Principal.
- Business Dissolution Lawyer
- Business Litigation Lawyer
- Business Torts Lawyer
- Contract Dispute Lawyer
- Notre Dame Law School, 2001 (Juris Doctor)
- Seattle University, 1997 (Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, Economics, and Humanities)
- Seattle Preparatory School, 1993
- Minority Shareholder Representation (Business Divorce) – Lead counsel in lawsuit by minority shareholder against majority owners for breach of fiduciary duty, conversion, and fraud, after majority owners attempted to sell company without client’s knowledge or consent.
- Minority Member Representation (Business Divorce) – Counsel for well-known local attorney client in litigation over buyout of client’s membership interest in law firm (a PLLC).
- Minority Shareholder Representation (Business Divorce) – Lead counsel in litigation filed on behalf of minority shareholder for breach of fiduciary duty, oppression, conversion, conspiracy, accounting, and failure to pay wages, after discovery that majority owners were engaged in conversion of corporate assets and abuse of corporate resources.
- Company Representation (Business Divorce) – Company counsel for orchestrated buyout of silent minority’s ownership interest in company, leaving majority owner with 100% control.
- Majority Shareholder Representation – Litigation counsel for controlling (majority) owner of local technology firm accused by minority investors of breaching of fiduciary duties and conversion of corporate assets.
- Minority Shareholder Representation – Litigation counsel for dissenting minority shareholder in dispute over majority shareholders’ effort to force sale of company through reverse-triangular-merger.
- Company Dissolution – Counsel for shareholder in local construction contractor in negotiated dissolution and wind-up of company affairs, after client accused of fraud and breach of fiduciary duties.
- LLC Dissolution – Representation of equal owner of local apparel company in negotiated dissolution of Limited Liability Company.
- Majority Investor Representation (Business Divorce) – Lead counsel for majority investor in strategic force-out of operating minority owner’s interest in local restaurant, giving client 100% control of company.
- Majority Investor Representation (Business Divorce) – Lead counsel for majority investor in forced dissolution and windup of Portland based whiskey distillery and restaurant.
- Minority Member Representation – Lead counsel for minority owner in negotiated resolution of claims against majority owner for breach of fiduciary duty and breach of loyalty in connection with the operation of single asset real estate LLC.
Professional & Civic
- Selected for inclusion to the Washington Super Lawyers List (Business Litigation), 2020-2022
- Named to “Rising Stars” list (business litigation) by Washington Law & Politics Magazine, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and Washington Super Lawyers magazine Rising Stars list, 2011, 2012, 2016