Konrad A. Miernowski
Konrad’s practice focuses on advising high net-worth individuals and businesses with sophisticated tax planning. Prior to joining Lasher, Konrad obtained his CPA and worked as both a tax consultant and auditor gaining a strong understanding and acumen of tax returns, financial statements and business operations. After obtaining his law degree, Konrad went on to advise Fortune 500 companies in sophisticated tax planning and compliance. Konrad now brings his experience to medium-sized businesses and families to successfully navigate the complexities of federal and Washington state estate taxes, gift taxes, generations skipping taxes, business successions strategies to the next generation and probate and trust administration. He serves as outside general counsel to many private businesses, guiding legal strategy for significant and complex matters associated with business operations.
In his multi-disciplinary practice, Konrad advises on a variety of business matters, including purchases and sales of businesses, ongoing corporate and employment law issues, and resolution of business disputes. Konrad’s probate and trust administration practice is known to efficiently maneuver complex and taxable probates as well as serve as an advisor in litigation matters between trustees, beneficiaries, heirs, and other parties.
Konrad’s unique background and skill set is recognized by clients and his thoughtfulness and tailored service model is highly appreciated and valued.
- Restructuring a real estate conglomerate of over 25 apartment buildings in a tax efficient manner with an emphasis on transferring ownership to the next generation via the use of various trusts and LLCs. Estate Planning, Trusts & Probate.
- Acting as Co-counsel on various business acquisitions and sales ranging from $500 thousand to $50 million in value.
- Advising non-US citizen spouses and non-US resident clients with estate planning, gifting and restructuring ownership of assets to save estate and gift taxes.
- Representing Personal Representatives in federally taxable estates.
- Transferring over $100 million in gross value from clients’ estates for estate tax purposes.
- Structuring and implementing various estate tax strategies such as ILITs, FLLCs, GRATs, IDGTs, CRUTs, SLATs and other related strategies.
- Working closely with the IRS and Department of Revenue on various tax issues and matters.
- Successfully navigating business owner disputes via settlements and receiverships.
- Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Taxation, University of Washington School of Law (2016)
- Juris Doctor (J.D.), Seattle University School of Law (2013)
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Accounting, Western Washington University (2008)
Professional and Civic
- Named to “Ones to Watch” by The Best Lawyers in America, 2021 ed., 2022 ed., 2023 ed.
- Named a “Rising Star” by Washington Super Lawyers magazine, Tax, 2020-2022
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association – Business Law Section
- Estate Planning Council of Seattle Member
- Certified Public Accountant WA (CPA) (Not active)
- Board Member, Parent Trust for Washington Children