Linda Kelley Ebberson
Complex Divorces; Dispute Resolution
Linda Kelley Ebberson is one of Washington’s preeminent divorce attorneys. An original member of Lasher Holzapfel Sperry & Ebberson, Linda is a skillful litigator with more than 30 years of experience.
Linda has a first-rate reputation with an outstanding track record in resolving disputes. Her Martindale-Hubbell rating has been the highest, AV preeminent, since 1997. Linda has been acknowledged in the Chambers 2020 High Net Worth Guide in Family/Matrimonial in Washington State, and is noted as a formidable opposing counsel. Her peers have recognized her as a “Super Lawyer” in Washington Super Lawyers magazine annually since 1999, as one of the Top 50 Women Attorneys in the State and as one of the top lawyers in Seattle by Seattle Magazine. Linda is a fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. In her many years of practice, she has handled some of the most challenging commercial, construction and dissolution cases which prepared her well to now limit her practice exclusively to complex divorces.
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics and Political Science, summa cum laude, Western Washington University
- Juris Doctor, University of Washington
- Editor, Washington Law Review
- Participated in case preparation, negotiation, and settlement of one of the country’s largest marriage dissolutions involving the technology sector and celebrity goodwill.
- Successfully divided a complex series of trusts created following the sale of a Fortune 500 business, allowing the wife to gain control over her estate.
- Successfully enforced a prenuptial agreement after a ten-year marriage, allowing the husband to retain his separate $100 million net worth.
- Successfully enforced a prenuptial agreement restoring the wife’s separate property solely to her after a brief marriage to a financial opportunist.
- Successfully traced thirty-seven years of accumulated and comingled separate and community property for allocation between the parties based upon original source.
- Obtained Summary Judgment dismissing petition for establishment of a committed intimate relationship and enforcing Cohabitation Agreement.
- 2017, “Effective Restraining Orders & Creative Remedies,” 8th Annual Wechsler Family Law Symposium for the King County Bench
- 2015, Chairperson, Washington Chapter, AAML 21st Annual Family Law Conference “Mastering Social Media and Harnessing Technology: What Every Family Law Attorney Needs to Know to Keep Up and Avoid Pitfalls,” March 27, 2015
- 2015, Contributing Author, Washington Practice, Family and Community Property Law
- 2014, Mary H. Wechsler Family Law Symposium for the King County Bench, “Tax Consequences of Marital Dissolution – What Every Judge and Court Commissioner Needs to Know”
- 2013, Chairperson, Washington Chapter, AAML 19th Annual Family Law Conference “Top Tips For A Successful Family Law Practice,” March 8, 2013
- “Case Management, The Million Dollar Divorce: A Focus on the Money,” The Seminar Group, April 2013
Professional & Civic
Named as a “Best Lawyers” by The Best Lawyers in America in the practice area of Family Law, 2014–2021
Acknowledged in Chambers 2020 High Net Worth Guide, Band 1, Family/Matrimonial in Washington State
President, Washington Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
Named as a “Lawyer of the Year” by The Best Lawyers in America in the practice area of Family Law, 2020
Recognized as one of the “Top Lawyers of Washington” by Seattle Met Magazine, 2018
Recognized as one of the “Top Women Attorneys in Washington” by Seattle Met Magazine, 2017
Recognized as one of the “Top 50 Women Attorneys in Washington” (Super Lawyers) by Seattle Met magazine, 2012–2021
Recognized as one of the “Top 100 Lawyers in Washington” by Washington Law & Politics magazine, 2015-2021
Martindale-Hubbell, Honoree, 2017 AV Preeminent Attorney – Judicial Edition
Martindale-Hubbell, rated AV Preeminent since 1997
Martindale-Hubbell Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers
Named a “Super Lawyer” by Washington Law & Politics magazine, 1999-2021
King County Bar Association Judicial Evaluation Committee, 2007-present
Washington Law School Leadership Council [formerly Foundation Board], 2005-present