Eugene W. Wong
Eugene’s practice focuses on providing tax, business, and real estate support to individuals and privately held companies including dentists, physicians, specialists, and their practices. He helps clients over the life of their practices, businesses, and careers with entity formation and structuring, operations and related matters including associate agreements, transition and acquisition opportunities, and exit strategies. This support extends to employment law related matters as well as leases, residential and commercial property matters, financing, and estate planning.
- Bachelor of Arts, 1990, University of Washington
- Juris Doctor, 1998, Gonzaga University School of Law
- Master of Laws (Taxation), 1999, University of Washington School of Law
- Taxation—Eugene’s practice includes problem solving and resolution of federal and state tax issues. He provides advice and planning on a variety of tax issues, including those pertaining to dental and specialty practices, real property, 1031 tax-deferred exchanges, and reverse exchanges.
- Business Planning—Eugene has deep experience in transactional planning and strategizing for the formation, financing, operation, merger, reorganization, purchase/sale, and liquidation of businesses, partnerships, corporations and limited liability companies.
- Real Estate—Eugene has worked on transactional planning and strategizing for the acquisition, financing, leasing, development, maintenance, and liquidation of commercial and residential property, including condominiums.
- Financing—Eugene’s experience in this area includes commercial lending, asset-based lending, structured finance, business finance and general loan documentation.
- Basic Estate Planning—Eugene assists in the creation of wills, trusts, durable powers of attorney, health care directives (living wills), and other related estate planning documents.
- Estate Planning Strategies—Eugene develops sophisticated plans to help reduce federal gift and estate taxes as well as Washington estate taxes, including life insurance trusts, qualified personal residence trusts, family limited liability companies and grantor retained annuity trusts.
- Intellectual Property—Eugene has participated in advising and assisting clients with trademark registrations and the prosecution/defense of infringement actions, which may include guiding clients through the state and federal registration processes.
- Technology—Eugene has extensive experience with information technology, which has broadened his ability to represent technology clients in the private placement process in addition to providing general business and tax advice.
- Co-authored: “Washington Real Property Deskbook Series Volume 3: Real Property Interests & Duties of Third Parties; Chapter 18 Duties and Responsibilities of the Broker,” 4th ed. updated 2015
- Co-authored: “Managing Partners Must Have the Heart to Embrace and Effect Change,” Washington Journal, August 14, 2000
Professional & Civic
Washington State Bar Association
King County Bar Association
U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington
Named Best Lawyers® 2023 “Lawyer of the Year” in Seattle in “Business Organizations (Including LLCs and Partnerships)”
Named to “Best Lawyers” by the Best Lawyers in America in the practice area of ‘Business Organizations (Including LLCs and Partnerships),’ 2017 ed. – 2023 ed.
Named AV (highest) rated lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell Legal Directory
Named “Super Lawyer” in Washington Super Lawyers magazine, 2010-2022
Recognized as a “Rising Star” in Washington Law & Politics magazine, 2004, 2007-2009