At Lasher Holzapfel Sperry & Ebberson, our commitment to teamwork is one of our most important assets. From File Clerk to Managing Partner, we provide a supportive environment in which everyone is given the opportunity to grow and prosper in an inclusive culture that values everyone’s contributions. Knowing that we spend a lot of time here, we also offer a technologically savvy work-place and a healthy work/life balance. If this kind of environment sounds attractive, we would like to hear from you.
If opportunities for employment exist, we will list them on this page along with the appropriate contact information to enable you to explore those opportunities.
Commercial Litigation Attorney
Lasher Holzapfel Sperry & Ebberson PLLC has an opening in its Litigation Practice Group for a motivated associate attorney. The firm is accepting resumes from Washington attorneys with 3-6 years of general litigation experience. Candidates should have excellent academic credentials, work well with clients, and demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit. The most qualified applicant will have experience in every stage of commercial litigation, as well as excellent writing, analytical thinking, and communication skills. Send cover letter, résumé, and writing sample to Carol Hill at email@example.com.
Estate Planning Attorney
LHS&E is seeking a senior associate level estate planning/probate/trust attorney to join our business, tax, and estate planning practice group. An LL.M. in tax or comparable experience is preferred. Candidates must be highly motivated and interested in joining a busy and collegial estate planning/probate/trust practice group at a sophisticated and well-established mid-sized Seattle firm which represents many high net worth individuals and families as well as privately held companies. The successful candidate should have direct experience with sophisticated estate planning techniques, and have the capacity for and show dedication to business and practice development. Send cover letter and résumé to Carol Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Estate Planning/Corporate Legal Assistant
Lasher Holzapfel Sperry & Ebberson PLLC seeks an experienced Estate Planning/Corporate Legal Assistant for its busy and thriving Estate Planning and Corporate practice groups. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a respected estate planning and corporate practice. Candidates will be skilled in working with estate planning documents under attorney supervision; knowledge of corporate documents (e.g., minutes, articles of incorporation, bylaws, stock, minute books); management of attorneys’ calendars; drafting routine correspondence and memos under attorney supervision; and maintaining up-to-date document database and client files. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and must be detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and stay on task. Extremely collegial and open office. Please respond with cover letter and résumé to Carol Hill at email@example.com.
Lasher Holzapfel Sperry & Ebberson is hiring an experienced marketing professional to serve as the firm’s Marketing Manager, who will be responsible for both tactical and strategic aspects of the firm’s marketing initiatives and business development. The ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years of experience working in a professional services environment (law firm experience preferred) with relevant marketing experience. The Marketing Manager will work closely with the firm’s Marketing Committee in planning, coordinating and executing all related marketing activities and business development. The Marketing Manager will lead the development and implementation of practice group marketing plans, will provide guidance and support to attorneys in the development and execution of individual marketing plans, and will be expected to coordinate day-to-day marketing activities.
The successful candidate will have a keen ability to collaborate and work with all levels of the firm, practice groups, and office management. The Marketing Manager will have the ability to effectively contribute at a high level, influence outcomes, and achieve strategic plan objectives. Candidates must be self-motivated, be committed to excellence in the workplace, and have exceptional attention to detail. Intellectual curiosity and high levels of judgment, interpersonal skills, discretion, responsiveness, and initiative are desired.
Essential functions of the position include but are not limited to:
- Gain knowledge of the firm’s clients and practice group areas.
- Assist in the development and execution of the firm’s strategic marketing initiatives.
- Assist in implementation of practice group and attorney marketing plans.
- Make recommendations to expand business development opportunities through the firm’s website, blogs, social media, newsletters/e-blasts, and other avenues.
- Manage internal and external resources in the execution of marketing activities including the development of award submissions (BestLawyers, Best Laws Firms, SuperLawyers, etc.).
- Maintain up-to-date relevant content and manage the firm’s online presence and recognition.
- Provide insight in the creative direction for brochures and other promotional materials.
- Coordinate marketing and business development events, including identifying venues, assisting with invitations, monitoring RSVPs, assembling handouts, managing promotional items, and working registration tables.
- Maintain records of marketing and business development spending and budgets.
- Support attorney presentations (e.g., create collateral materials, presentation slides) and authorship (blogs, newsletters, etc.) and other individual attorney marketing objectives.
- Monitor industry, client, and legal developments and trends.
- Engage with industry professional development organizations.
- Draft internal communications as necessary.
Requirements, Experience, and Qualifications
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, preferably in Marketing/Communications, Public Relations, or Business.
- Minimum three years of progressive responsible related experience in marketing, communications, business and practice development, or a related field including experience creating and preparing marketing collateral.
- Excellent writing skills and proofreading skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and balance competing demands to meet deadlines in a fast-paced professional environment.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information into professional marketing communications and capacity to implement strategic business plans.
- Strong organizational, team building, and communication skills are essential.
- Strong commitment to excellent client service.
- Ability to work independently as well as manage projects and assignments in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to translate marketing efforts into measurable results.
- Law firm or professional services experience is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the competitive landscape with local law firms, legal industry and trends is a significant benefit.
Respond with cover letter and résumé to Carol Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lasher Holzapfel Sperry & Ebberson PLLC
601 Union Street, Suite 2600
Seattle, WA 98101-4000
206.654.2434 – Direct
206.340.2563 – Fax
Lasher Holzapfel Sperry & Ebberson PLLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.