Tara K. Richardson
Tara K. Richardson, P.S.
Tara has solely practiced family law since her graduation from Seattle University in 1998. Over the years, Tara has learned that a truly successful outcome is one that achieves the client’s unique, individual needs and goals. In achieving those needs and goals, Tara is highly skilled at employing traditional dispute resolution methods, such as litigation or mediation, as well as assisting clients through the Collaborative Law process. Tara excels at utilizing creative thinking and common sense to achieve the best possible result for her clients.
Tara’s representative cases include marital dissolutions/legal separations, parenting plan modifications, and child support modifications.
- Bachelor of Arts (Political Science), 1995, University of Washington
- Juris Doctor, cum laude, 1998, Seattle University School of Law
- In re the Marriage of Stewart, 133 Wn. App. 545, 137 P.3d 25 (2006). Successfully defeated a challenge to a protection order where the appealing party had engaged in repeated acts of domestic violence.
- File for Divorce in Washington, 2005, Sourcebooks, Inc.
- Washington Practice Guide, est. publish date 2015, LexisNexis
- “Family Law: Advanced Issues,” National Business Institute, December 2014
- “Family Law from A to Z,” National Business Institute, July 2013
- “Support Issues in Washington Divorce Proceedings,” July 2003
- “Exploring Essential Issues in Domestic Law for Washington Paralegals,” November 2002