Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, & Access – IDEA
Having completed the first year of Lasher’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative with the creation of our in-house committee, and a year’s worth of education and in-firm initiatives and activities, we are excited to announce our 2022 initiative “IDEA”.
In our ongoing effort to grow and engage on a deeper level with team members, clients and our communities, the DEI team is excited to extend the idea of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion by recognizing the importance of Access.
IDEA = Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, & Access. Access is important to make opportunities available to all people regardless of their abilities or experience.
The IDEA mission at Lasher remains the same:
We strive to be an inclusive workplace that is built on respect and pride and generates opportunities for everyone, and enables us to best serve our clients and community.
We will utilize the following pillars in decision making and action steps to pursue an environment that fosters diversity and inclusivity:
- Enhance Learning & Development
- Engage Future Talent
- Act in Our Communities
- Drive Accountability & Leadership
It has never been more critical for law firms to demonstrate their commitment to IDEA. The most promising clients, law firm staff and attorneys are all looking for firms that promote IDEA. We are excited to continue this journey, and look forward to sharing our experiences with you here.
- May is Asian/Pacific Islander Heritage Month
- May is Mental Health Awareness Month
- June is PRIDE Month – History
- June is PRIDE Month – Celebrate!
- June is PRIDE Month – Learn
- August 26th is Women’s Equality Day! To celebrate, and to recognize the unique struggles that women have faced and continue to face, Lasher’s IDEA Committee ran a week-long donation event to provide needed items to Mary’s Place, to support their work helping women and their children.
- September 15 to October 15 is Hispanic Heritage Month
- October 10 is Indigenous People’s Day in the United States
- October is Global Diversity Awareness Month
- November is Native American Heritage Month
- November 16th is The Day for Tolerance