Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, & Access – IDEA
A couple of years ago, the attorneys and team members at Lasher had an IDEA. Today that IDEA carries on in many different ways.
IDEA = Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, & Access. Access is important to make opportunities available to all people regardless of their abilities or experience.
The IDEA mission at Lasher is:
We strive to be an inclusive workplace that is built on respect and pride and generates opportunities for everyone, and enables us to best serve our clients and community.
We will utilize the following pillars in decision making and action steps to pursue an environment that fosters diversity and inclusivity:
- Enhance Learning & Development
- Engage Future Talent
- Act in Our Communities
- Drive Accountability & Leadership
It has never been more critical for law firms to demonstrate their commitment to IDEA. The most promising clients, law firm staff and attorneys are all looking for firms that promote IDEA. We are excited to continue this journey, and look forward to sharing our experiences with you here.
Here are some of our 2023 Days of Awareness:
- January is National Mentoring Month – hear from some of our younger attorneys about their mentor experience here at Lasher
- January 11, 2023 is National Human Trafficking Awareness Day
- January 13, 2023 is National Korean American Day
- January 16, 2023 is observed in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr
- January 27, 2023 is International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- February is Black History Month – we’ll be spotlighting notable figures in history, and sharing other cultural and historical information.