On March 28, 2017, the Washington Court of Appeals, Division II, threw certain family law litigants a curve ball when it issued its ruling in In re Marriage of Ruff & Worthley, No. 48462-5-II. In Worthley, the court addressed the question…Read the full article
The Lasher Holzapfel Sperry & Ebberson real estate group provides clients with comprehensive services encompassing the full range of commercial and residential real estate and development issues.
Our real estate practitioners are well known for providing insightful, pragmatic, and cost-effective real estate support to individuals and businesses. Regardless of the magnitude of the transaction, we treat each one with the service, responsiveness, and care that you deserve and expect. Backed by the resources of a full-service law firm, the real estate group also advises clients on the entire range of ancillary issues that arise in real estate transactions, including tax, environmental, and bankruptcy matters.
The services the real estate group provides include:
- Acquisition and Sale - We handle transactions for buyers and sellers of a wide range of commercial and residential properties – from shopping centers and golf courses, to office buildings and single family homes. We assist in the due diligence process as well other aspects such as title, surveys, environmental, feasibility, tax implications, 1031 Exchange strategies, and ownership structures.
- Leasing – Our lawyers help landlords and tenants with leasing needs, including negotiating and documenting leases, and resolving disputes through the courts if necessary or appropriate.
- Financing and Defeasance – The group represents borrowers and lenders with financing and refinancing for real estate projects as well as loan defeasance. We represent financial institutions and borrowers in work-outs, deed in lieu offers, real estate secured financing, foreclosures, and litigation/bankruptcy proceedings.
- Development, Design, and Construction – We support owners, contractors, and architects in planning, developing, and constructing a wide range of projects, including a number of well-known local golf courses and shopping centers.
- Real Estate General Counsel – We serve as general counsel to many real estate asset-based businesses and individuals, providing cost-effective, one stop representation on a broad spectrum of business matters.
- Environmental and Land Use – We work with clients to successfully navigate regulatory requirements, anticipating and avoiding problems before they interfere with development initiatives. When necessary, we litigate issues that cannot otherwise be resolved.