In November 2016, Washington voters approved statewide paid sick leave requirements as part of Initiative 1433. Beginning on January 1, 2018, employers throughout the state will be required to provide their employees with paid sick leave, so now is the perfect time for your…Read the full article
Creditors’ Rights & Bankruptcy
As a pre-eminent creditors’ rights and bankruptcy practice group we regularly handle matters in the following areas:
- State and Federal Court Receiverships – Initiate receiverships for creditors seeking to protect against dissipation of debtors assets; represent debtors and court-appointed receivers and all other parties in interest in liquidations and all aspects of receivership proceedings.
- Creditor-Debtor Litigation – Assist clients in all aspects of commercial litigation, including contract disputes, collection of loans and other financing, suits for fraudulent transfers and other avoidable transfers such as preference claims and lenders’ liability for turnover of property and bankruptcy discharge actions.
- Workouts – Negotiate and implement workouts and defaults for creditors, debtors and other parties involving real property and other secured and unsecured transactions, leases, liquidations and business dissolutions.
- Lien and Bond Claims – Pursue and/or defend liens against real and personal property, as well as performance, payment and other bonds in construction and other industries.
- Foreclosures – Represent lenders and borrowers in foreclosures of deeds of trust, mortgages and other real and personal property security interests; handle related repossession and unlawful detainers.
- Arbitrations and Mediations – Represent parties in all types of arbitration and mediation proceedings.
- Collections – Perform all aspects of collections for creditors, including negotiating payment plans and collateral security, guarantees, obtain and collect judgments, garnishment, assignments for the benefit of creditors, and all aspects of collection law.