Corporate and Business Law; Commercial Real Estate Acquisitions & Financing; Complex Commercial Leases; Trademark Registrations
Industries include manufacturing, services, trading, commercial real estate, U.S. subsidiaries and affiliated companies of Japanese businesses
Taro is also fluent in business-level Japanese.
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Political Science, cum laude, 1996, University of California at San Diego
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) 1999, University of California, Davis School of Law
- Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Taxation, Pending, University of Washington School of Law
- Corporate and Business Law – Negotiating and drafting contracts; Preparing key business operational documents; Negotiating and drafting documents for the purchase and sale of businesses and major company assets; Analyzing business entity selection, structure, formation and maintenance issues; Analyzing and resolving disputes involving each of the foregoing.
- Real Estate – Negotiating and drafting documents for purchase and sale of commercial and investment real estate; Negotiating and drafting complex leases; Drafting real estate financing documents; Drafting property co-ownership agreements; Drafting and recording CC&Rs; Analyzing and resolving disputes involving each of the foregoing.
- Trademarks – Obtaining federal (USPTO) and state trademark registrations, as well as Madrid/WIPO international and worldwide trademark registrations; Drafting documents for the licensing and transfer of trademarks and other intellectual property; Analyzing and resolving disputes involving each of the foregoing.
- Single Application International Trademark Registration Now Available to the United States, International Association of Defense Counsel Intellectual Property Committee Newsletter 1-2 (Feb. 2004) (with James D. Nelson).
- Barring Consequential Damages Despite the Failure of an Exclusive Remedy, International Association of Defense Counsel Business Litigation Committee Newsletter 1-5 (Sept. 1999) (with James D. Nelson).
- Retail, Office and Restaurant Leases: Key Provisions and Warranties, National Business Institute Continuing Legal Education Seminar (Seattle, WA, June 2013), Speaker.
- Resolving Commercial Lease Disputes, National Business Institute Continuing Legal Education Seminar (Seattle, WA, June 2015), Speaker