Kevin P. Hanchett
Mr. Hanchett is Of Counsel with the firm and offers advice and consultation on matters involving receiverships, debtor/creditor law with emphasis on bankruptcy, reorganization, real estate and other secured transactions involving defaults, workouts, and related litigation. Mr. Hanchett works with the other attorneys in the firm to provide strategic advice on business structure, real estate transactions, and pre- and post-litigation planning.
- Bachelor of Arts (Business Administration), 1981, University of Washington
- Juris Doctor, cum laude, 1986, University of Puget Sound
- Unsecured Creditors’ Committees of Glasply, Inc.; Delta Financial Services, Inc.; Coventry Place Ltd. Each of these bankruptcy proceedings involved millions of dollars of assets and liabilities. In each case, the active role of the unsecured creditors’ committees greatly enhanced the dividend to unsecured creditors.
- Confirmed the consolidated Chapter 11 plan for five limited partnerships with more than $70 million in assets.
- Confirmed the first pre-packaged Chapter 11 in Washington state for the first asbestos-related reorganization filed in this state.
- Proposed and received approval for the sale of leasehold interests for $20 million dollars out of the Ernst Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Acted as a court appointed receiver in over 100 cases in seven states.
- Advantages of Being a Member of a Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Committee, Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce