Karl A. Weiss
Entity formation, corporate and business counsel, mergers and acquisitions, tax/estate/succession planning for closely-held and family businesses, as well as representation of medical/dental practices, and professional service providers.
- LL.M. (Taxation), New York University
- Juris Doctor, Willamette University
- Accounting Technician, Northern Arizona Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Arts (Behavioral Science & Law), University of Wisconsin-Madison
- The Lawrenceville School, Lawrenceville, NJ
- Individual counsel to sole shareholder of an asset sale by his company to a publicly-traded company for $50,000,000.
- General legal counsel to residential window and door manufacturer with international presence.
- Equity participation plans and other non-qualified employee incentive arrangements in light of IRC Section 409A.
- Statutory merger of closely-held commercial mortgage broker business (pre-merger value of $1,000,000).
- Multiple sales of dental practices, medical practices, and law firms.
- An IRC Section 368(a)(1)(D) divisive reorganization of a manufacturer’s representative business.
- Stock acquisition of a specialized construction firm (S corporation) with an accompanying IRC Section 338(h)(10) election.
- Contributing Author, Washington Bar Association “Washington Partnership and Limited Liability Company Deskbook” (2010)
Presentations and Publications
- Contributing Author, Washington Bar Association, Washington Partnership and Limited Liability Company Deskbook (2010)
- “Limited Liability Companies,” National Business Institute (2013)
- “Tax Opportunities and Issues for the LLC,” National Business Institute (2013)
- “LLC Workshop: Choose, Draft and Maintain,” National Business Institute (2012)
- “Advising Small Businesses,” King County Bar Association (2012)